Fascial Stretch Therapy
Stretch to Win (TM) Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST) is one of the most effective manual therapy and movement methods. It is a stand alone service that enhances and integrates with all training and therapy approaches.
- Fascia is the most prevalent tissue in the body yet it is the least understood by your doctor, therapist and trainer
- The health and function of all joints & muscles are a direct result of the condition of your fascia
- Healthy circulation in your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain & spinal cord is largely dependent on optimal flexibility of your fascia
- There is NO medication that can improve your fascia
- There is NO supplement that can optimize your fascia
- Exercise alone does not optimally balance, align and improve your fascia
FST can be used for a myriad of benefits, that include eliminating pain, optimizing mobility, posture, body awareness and performance, restoring impaired function and improving recovery time.
More benefits of FST include:
- Lengthens, re-aligns and re-organizes fascia to improve overall mobility
- Can increase flexibility by up to 52% in just one session
- Releases endorphins that act as natural pain suppressants
- Rapid, effective pain relief
- Decreased muscle soreness
- Reduces stress.
- Eliminates trigger points
- Improves muscle activation, strength & relaxation
- Improves flexibility, speed and performance in athletes
- Improves functional mobility and posture in the aging population
- Improves sleep quality
- Relieves joint impingement syndromes
- Injury prevention
- Improves overall sense of well-being
- Improved Posture
- Improved sex lives
- Much more…
“Your fascia reacts to all stress – physical, mental and emotional – by tightening & stiffening. Since fascia covers everything from all of your organs to the circulatory system to the brain & nervous system to the musculoskeletal system and more, your whole body is at risk to react to stress by tightening & stiffening.
When your fascia is left unattended to, aging of the body, mind & spirit accelerates, function decreases & quality of life deteriorates”
~Ann & Chris Frederick: Creators of FST
SOME EFFECTS OF UNTREATED FASCIA:
- Increased muscle tone can lead to trigger points, strain, tendonitis, tears & more
- Decreased joint space can lead to degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis & more
- Increased nervous tissue tone can lead to headaches, trigger points, muscle tightness & more
- Increased scar tissue formation
- Decreased circulation and energy levels
* Where appropriate, Tara includes the techniques of Soft Tissue Release and Pilates Elements as a complement to Fascial Stretch Therapy sessions.